Pages

Saturday 3 November 2012

Inspiration.......with a few cards


Hello everyone!

How was your week?? The weather? Here, in my neck of the woods, it's snowing. Yep, snowing. I guess it's acceptable because we are in November---wow! Christmas is coming!

Sooo, I got crafty this past week. I finished up my cards for the Christmas card swap I am part of, over on Crop Chocolate. I had fun doing these, and I will probably continue on making more Xmas cards, for my own  personal use.

 You know, I mention Crop Chocolate quite a bit in my posts. And you may roll your eyes at the mention of it. But it is a great site. Seriously. And the talent that is there is unbelievable. I am always learning, am always inspired by these creative ladies. They certainly get the creative mojo going !

Here are my cards, in no particular order. I went outside of my box, and became more adventurous---and all is due to the creativeness of CC. Seriously. Lol.










 

My next project I am going to attempt is for the ornament swap. I have a couple of ideas of what to make----but I need to research some more, as these will be new techniques! Yep, I'm expanding my creative horizons!

But I am also going to tackle this week's challenge on Crop Chocolate. To quote,
 

I have an idea, or two. So, I'm going to try these. I'll post these once they are done.

I have a house full of teenage boys today. My boys have 4 friends over; they've slept over, and all I can say is that I am eternally grateful that I only have 2 teenage boys to deal with . 6 is way over the top. Lol Boy, can they eat!!!!!!!! Yeesh! Lol

So, until next time. Be safe.

Laura

8 comments:

NinaN said...

Beautiful cards! (the first one is my favorite!).

I hope your house survives 6 teenage boys!!

Erin (CelticCrafter) said...

These are great, Laura!!! Teenage boys really DO eat everything!! Hehehe Can't wait to see more, and you should be so proud of yourself for getting out of that wee little box!!!

KatieJ said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the first one too.

Chris said...

Great cards!

Julie Odil said...

Beautiful! Isn't it fun to expand our creativeness? And our friendships? Love CC! Your snowman card is my fave. Is that a stamp? Scrap Happy on CC

Scrappy Canuck said...

Laura, the cards are beautiful! I especially love the first one - it is so serene and peaceful!

Laura said...

Nice cards, Laura. I really love that first one. The embossed cardstock is so pretty.

Nikki said...

HI Laura- I hope this gets to you... I don't have and email for you. But I saw your comment on my blog (Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker) and would love to try and get you a "goodie box". I have several out of the country ladies that share one box of goodies and split the shipping costs or some ladies are ordering 2 but shipping in one box and sharing the shipping on that as well and or some have friends that live on or near the boarder and can order for you but I know that Canada is huge and chance are slim that you would live close to border. Some Canadians also have US Post Office Boxes and then drive over border. And again this is just what I've been told I know it hard. I hope you can figure out something!