Pages

Thursday 9 May 2013

NSD challenges.....completed!

Happy Thursday to you all!

I hope your week is going well.

Mine--ech! lol. But we won't be going into that!

Saturday past was National Scrapbooking Day! My favorite online scrapbook store, Crop Chocolate, had challenges issued. Soooo...I took their challenges, and did the best that I could! Let me say, they tested me....they really did! I was brought out of my comfort zone many times, and cried a few! lol Call it emotions...yep, I was a mess! Even DD  was comforting me, patting me on my shoulder, telling me that I can try again! lol. Yeah, I was a mess!

Challenge #1 was: Homage to summer. Create something with a sunburst.



Challenge #2:Tic Tac Toe. We had to choose 3 items in the sketch provided , and create with them.
I choose stamp, button, lace.


Challenge #3: Buttons & Bows





Challenge #4: Bugs . This challenge was to be made with a bug, and something out of one's comfort zone. Well, for me, using ribbon is a hard thing to do....Can never get the ribbon to align properly, and I find that it looks 'goofy' on my creations. The bugs....well, ladybugs are adorable.





Challenge #5:Bling, bling, bling!





Challenge #6: Crafting the window to our souls.





Challenge # 7: This is the card that never ends. OK, for this challenge, it caused me the most grief.  It took me almost (or more!) 6 hours to figure this out. I look it up on Youtube, watched various videos, looked at step by step tutorials, yeesh! I cried, I had 2 meltdowns.....yeah, alot of grief. BUT! I succeeded!! YAY! Did I like this challenge---nope. But it's done, and I am proud that I did it.


Challenge #8: Scrap and sketch challenge. I think this was my favorite! Probably because I broke out my latest collection kit from Echo Park, Sweet Girl. I must say that I am in completely in love with this kit. I think I am going to get a few more pads....they are that awesome!





So, that's it.

All the challenges completed. Phew! Now to clean up my craft room---looks like a tornado passed through!

Have a great week. Be safe. Get crafty!

Laura

No comments: