Pages

Sunday 14 July 2013

Sunday Sweetness

Happy Sunday!

Is the sun shining brightly on this lovely day?? It is shining brightly here, so much so that it actually hurts my eyes! (Doesn't help that they are many, many windows in my house! )

I had a chance to create a layout yesterday....Yah! Pretty simple, using one of my favorite items....WASHI!!!

Over at Crop Chocolate, the challenge this week is about resolutions. Corrie, who posted the challenge, said that she has 20 rolls of rolls of washi, and doesn't use them enough. The challenge was to create a project using at least 4 types of washi. Super fun, IMO. My only problem? Which ones to use. lol. I won't say how many I have....we'll just say I have enough to last a LONG time! ;) (My story is that my DD loves to play with washi, too, so I MUST have enough to satisfy our needs and wants, no??)

Anyways, in all seriousness, I knew what picture to use, and I knew I wanted 'simple' paper/cardstock. I just needed an idea of placement. That's when I remembered the sketch over on Paper Lover's Studio. I saw Emily's sketch, and loved it. I just tweaked it a bit.

Here it is:
When I snapped this picture about a year and a half ago, I fell in love with it. Even with the shadow over the kids. I love these 3 kids so much. April (my DD) is lucky to have great cousins like these 2--they are great with her. And she loves them so much.

I used Bazill cardstock, with different washi tapes from My Mind's Eye, Echo Park, and Elmer's; 'cousin' is AC glitter thickers; 'Fun' is cute from my Slice machine-Summer Fun design card; Die cuts are from October Afternoon, and the pin is from Jillibean soup. 'Family' sticker is from My Mind's Eye. I did the journal around the page in pink from my Zig marker.

I am entering this layout in the following:
Paper Lover's Studio - Layout sketch#4
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Pin It!
Crop Chocolate- Cocoa Creations #4

So, that's it for me for today!

I just wanted to pass on my condolences to Cory Monteith's family and loved ones. So sad. he was one of my favorite on Glee. So sad.

Be safe. Get crafty.
post signature

4 comments:

katie said...

I love your take on the sketch! I have so many rolls of washi too, but I use them on almost everything!! ;)

-Katie
www.paperloversstudio.blogspot.com
www.punkprojects.com

Laurel Beard said...

What a GReAT layout!!!! LOVE all the washi goodness!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!!!

Greta said...

Love this layout--such a cute picture!

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, what a super layout. Love all your details

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Jo x