Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

A layout

Happy Friday!

Anyone excited for the weekend??

I am. So are my kids. My brother is coming over to our house for the weekend. My kids adore him....They make each other laugh. My boys, whom will be 15!!! on Wednesday, are very excited to have him tell them stories around the campfire. My brother is a fantastic storyteller....he is too captivating for words. He's always been like that, since he's been a little boy. A story teller and a writer. I mean, really,seriously, who gets published in a world wide poetry contest at the age of 12??? Not too many people I know! Yes, I'm proud of my little brother! He has soo much potential. (I am also proud of the fact that he's been clean and sober for almost 2 years. )

This weekend should be fun. I plan on taking pictures!

Onwards.

So, my goal has been to scrap my mountain of pictures,to get them into albums.

Slooowwwly succeeding lol.


Here's one I did. I wasn't sure where I was going with it...just went with the flow. I wanted to also combine challenges. But that doesn't always work for me...this one did!

I used Bazzill cardstock (textured), Unity stamps, various washi tape, Studio Calico tags and letter stickers, Zig markers, Jenni Bowlin sticker labels, K & Co chipboard letters, MM ribbon, MME ticket tag, OA journal sticker

I wanted to do something different. So, I looked through my mountain of Unity stamps, and fell across these banner type stamps. Looked through my inks to see if I had most of the colors I needed for the rainbow I wanted to create. Had most of the colors...improvised on one or two. Not bad. (Note to self--get a larger variety of inks..) So, I went with a rainbow banner using Unity stamps. I like it. I tried to stick with the colors of April's sweater. Her fave sweater...which is almost too small for her. Eek.

So, this is my week's entry for Unity's Friends With Flair challenge. Another awesome sale is going on ....again! That woman is killing me (and my bank account!) with her sales. lol. Gotta love her! And the Unity family, for that matter.

I also did this layout for Paper Lover's Studio Recipe Challenge found HERE. The recipe: Markers, Ribbon, a Tag and the color Green. All check.

Have an awesome weekend.

Be safe. Get crafty.

post signature

1 comment:

katie said...

so cute!I love how you used the banner stamps!