Pages

Thursday 19 September 2013

Thursday with a Thank you

Happy Thursday! WOW--Thursday already! Yeeshka!

I was able to get some more crafting today/last night. YAY for me!

As I mentioned before, I enjoy challenge blogs. One that I try to submit an entry for often is over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog They have amazing challenges, and this week is to stamp on anything but plain paper.Fun, right?

Anyways, I had this canvas/muslim bag for some time now. Not sure where I got it, but it seemed to have pop up in my stash in the past year. Seriously! Was not sure what I was going to do with, neither. Enter this challenge. Use a stamp from my SSS card kit, and Voila! It was more trial and error here, but overall, it was quite fun!

 I used Momento Red ink to stamp on the bag, which, to my surprise, worked very well. The stamps are from SSS May card kit, the Mother's Day stamp set. Love those roses. Stamped the roses, then edged them with my one Copic marker (!!) rose pink. The leaves were stamped in green ink, not sure what brand it is, but it also worked alright. I lightly touched the stem and leaves with my green Sharpie. The 'thank you' is from also from another SSS set, July set, I believe. (sorry, can't remember the exact name..;Z)

I am actually linking this up to Simon Say Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Use a product available in Simon's store.

So, there you go. A simple little canvas bag, ready to have a little gift popped into, and given as a gift! Hopefully, it sticks around, and my DD doesn't think it's hers! *Sigh.....toddlers! lol

Have a great day.

Be safe. Get crafty.

post signature

6 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful stamping on this gift bag. I always find stamping on fabric to be a challenge, but your images came our crisp and clear. Well done.

Michelle said...

This is a great little bag! I love the look of stamping on fabric, and this bag is a great example of just how awesome it can be. Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, "Stamping on anything but plain paper". ~Michelle

Katherine said...

I've got some mini fabric bags in my stash of overflowing craft supplies, so I'll have to give this a try some time. Yours looks like it turned out great.

Julia Aston said...

I love stamping on bags - yours is so pretty with the lovely roses!

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful stamping and such a sweet project. The flower stamp was perfect for this little bag. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous bag Laura, wonderful idea and I love those pretty SSS stamps :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx