Pages

Saturday 23 November 2013

Christmas tags...1 & 2

Happy Saturday y'all! How are you doing this weekend?? For us, it's been off to a rough start....car won't start, could be because of the battery or the started, according to my hubby. All I know is that it is being a nuisance to many, and many are not happy in my household right now. :Z

Oh well!

I decided to make some tags. I am not really a tag person, I can count on one hand how many tags I have made.I have admired all those that have been made, especially for TH's 12 tags. And never really dove in! BUT! I think that is going to change, people!

Over on Scrapbooker's Paradise, Sandy started a 'twelve tags of Christmas' feature, and after seeing her tag, and then Linda's tag, I wanted to try.

So, without further adieu, here are my tags.
Tag #1:
This tag (which is crooked--sorry!) is made with a manila tag (from stash), inked with Distress Stain (Mowed Lawn), stamped a Tim Holtz stamp with Momento Tuxedo Black ink. The bunny is cute with my Cricut, Winter Wonderland cartridge, inked with Distress Stain (walnut stain), the holly leaf chipboard is from Cosmo Cricket, with the 'berries' being enamel dots (Doodlebug Design). The lace and ribbon are from stash.

Tag #2:
Another tag made from manila tag, covered with white paper, dry embossed. The poinsettia is from Bazzill Papers, leafs are from Prima, the swirl is from TH Grungeboard swirl set, covered in Walnut Stain paint. Twine is from MME, the glitter thread is from WRMK, and the 'Happy Holidays' tag is from Making memories.

These tags were uber fun to make. I am now almost caught up to Sandy. There's 3 in total so far.

I am linking up these tags over onto the Scrapbooker's Paradise 12 tags of Christmas and over at Flying Unicorn , my first tag is being uploaded into their gallery for a very special cause , as they are giving back to charity. They have all sorts of things on the go to help raise money for Best Friends Animal Society.  For every project that is uploaded to the gallery there, a $1 is donated to a maximum of $1,000, and if your project has some kind of animal on it, $2 is donated, hence the bunny!  I personally am a animal lover, and this one touched home.

So, if you can, give it a try. It is so fun!

Be safe. Get crafty.

post signature.




2 comments:

fairyrocks said...

You are rocking the tags. Thanks for sharing your work with us. Keep smiling and creating

Linda Pekrul said...

These are wonderful Laura! That dear little bunny under the holly leaf is just adorable, and the pointsettia tag is stunning. I love the embossing you did on it... just beautiful! Tags are fun eh! So glad you helped out the FU fundraiser. There's going to be a lot of animals benefit this winter!