Pages

Friday 31 January 2014

Birthday card with Flair

Happy Friday!

I don't know about you all, but I am certainly relieved that it's Friday. What a week!

Just going to make this a quick post today. My sons' asked me to make a birthday card for their good friend who was having a Birthday party today. My boys are spending the night, doing 'boy stuff', with their XBox and lots and lots of snacks. Thank goodness it's not at my house....a handful of teenage boys, together in one room?? The smell (lol), and my poor fridge! lol

Anyhow.Their good friend plays guitar, and they requested that the card have a guitar.  I knew I also wanted to get a card accomplished for Unity Friends with Flair. BUT. I do not have a guitar stamp from Unity. The only guitar stamp I do have in possession is from Inkadinkadoo (one of my very first stamp sets), WAY before I discovered Unity. I wanted to add stars, so I used the stars from Unity's Stars and Splatters, a Simple Stories Unity set.
 I heat embossed the guitar with ZING! silver metallic embossing powder, along with the sentiment. The stars were stamped with Kaisercraft inks, Jade and teal, and the red is from Momento. I added a little Stickles to the guitar, to give a little color. The base is from Authentique Genuine, and the red paper is from CB Well-Traveled.
I then stamped the inside of the card with a simple Happy Birthday, also from Unity.

I am linking this up to Unity Friends with Flair challenge.

I hope my boys enjoy themselves, and that their friend likes the card!

Have a great weekend!

Be safe. Get crafty.
post signature



10 comments:

Confessions of a Paperholic said...

Great card, Laura. I like the addition of the stars to you card, along with the guitar. Thank you for sharing.

Ruby said...

Cute card.

Angeline Choo said...

oh that guitar rocks!! How fun!

An'Jenic G. said...

Oh how awesome you used my favorite stamp set by Unity. I too used this stamp set this week. This would be a great guy card.

Corrie said...

Great card I am sure he will love it

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That silver on the guitar really make it sing! This card rocks.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

very fun rocker card!

Rachel said...

very fun card, their friends will love it! i hope they had fun (at someone else's house, lol!)
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Gwen said...

Great card for your son's friend!

Donna K said...

the unity stars are perfect with your guitar! great card, i'm sure it was a hit!!