Pages

Saturday 22 February 2014

The way to know life


Ahhhh...It's Saturday!
So happy it is the weekend!

I played with my art journal again, and made a page according
to a challenge over on the Practical Scrappers blog.
The following quote was to be explored:
 
"The way to know life is to love many things" 
- Vincent Van Gogh
Interesting.

So....I explored.
And here is what I discovered...
 The background is done with Gesso, various pieces of paper, 
and Pink Distress Paint and Gelatos. 
I used a Prima Doll, and paper pieced her dress. 
 The quote is done with a variety of words from Tim Holtz and Fancy Pants Designs.
'Life' is from Jillibean Soup stickers; 
Things' is from Making Memories.
LOVE is a Prima wood word. Flowers are from stash, topped with puffy paint.
This was such fun!

I am linking this up to the Practical Scrapper Art Journal page.

That is it for me for now.
Be safe. Get crafty.
post signature

3 comments:

Amber Sheaves said...

Nice page. That girl is so lovely and I like your mix of alphas. I'm hoping to do this challenge soon too.

Sarah said...

great page! That's an awesome quote! You're making me want to get into my art journal again! It's been way too long!

Peg said...

So pretty, love the dimension on her skirt and the way you did that great quote!