Pages

Thursday 18 September 2014

Christmas....yes, Christmas layout.

Happy Thursday, folks!
Can someone please tell me how we have reached the middle of September already??!
Oh well!
Fall's among us, it seems.
Brisk cold air, colors changing on the trees, geese leaving...
With the changing of the seasons, and also hearing that there was something less than 100
sleeps until Christmas (is that possible?), had me wanting me to hide in my craft room 
and come out when it's Spring! Possible??
Nah!
I decided to create a double page layout with some pictures that were taken some time ago, 
like say, last Christmas.
I also decided to use up some delicious Christmas paper from DCWV; 
and what better way to display their papers than with their monthly Stackaholic Challenge sketch?
September's sketch is this one:

Here is my take:

The stack I used was the Christmas & Winter Rhinestone Stack.
Another gorgeous stack from DCWV. I also used cardstock from their Winter Cardstock
Stack---their gold cardstock is luscious, and the glitter cardstock is
amazing--meaning it does not come off onto your hands! Love that!

Then on my craft desk, I had scraps, and more scraps, from previous projects.
I usually store them in a coordinating color folder--but then remembered about
a challenge for the week over at Hiding In My Craft Room.
Their challenge for this week is:

HIMCR #165 - Super Scraps Saturday! 

Awesome! 
So, I made a card with my scraps and my new punch,
 a leaf punch from EK Success (score at the Dollarama!!)
All scraps, people! 
The 'thank you' wood tag is from Jillibean Soup, 
and the papers are a mix of DCWV and Simple Stories.
 
This was such fun to make!
Thank you, Laurie, for having such a fun challenge!
Well, that's it for me, folks!

Have a great evening!
Be safe. Get crafty.

post signature

2 comments:

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Very pretty card, Laura. I really like the outlines on the leaves, great use of your scraps. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Lovely layout, i can't believe you got that punch at dollarama.